- 1½ cups raw almonds
- 1½ cups raw pecans
- ½ cup freeze-dried bananas
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried bananas (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the almonds and pecans on a lined baking sheet and bake in the heated for about 8 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Let cool for a few minutes on the counter top.
- When the nuts are cool, add them to your food processor or high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix). Process for about 3-6 minutes, scraping down as necessary. Your time might be shorter if you’re using a high-powered blender – it will take a little bit longer in the food processor and require more scraping down.
- When the almonds and pecans have broken down into a smooth, creamy butter, add the freeze-dried bananas, cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, and salt. Process to incorporate, and taste. Adjust add-ins as desired. Finally, add the dried banana and blend to break them up a bit.
- Transfer to a glass jar or two (like a mason or Weck jar) and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 months.