These gluten-free & vegan Banana Blueberry Pancakes are thick, fluffy, and loaded with blueberries! Made in the blender, they come together quickly and reheat well, so you can make them ahead of time for a quick breakfast.
- ½ cup almond milk, or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup blueberries
- To serve: coconut whipped cream, pure maple syrup, fruit, and/or nut butter
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the dairy-free milk of your choice and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the oats, dairy-free milk mixture, banana, maple syrup, baking powder, kosher salt, and vanilla and cinnamon if using.
- Blend for 30 seconds until the oats are broken down and smooth. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- While the batter thickens, heat up a skillet or griddle pan to medium heat. Once pan is hot, add a bit of coconut oil to grease the pan, and then add 1/4 cup of batter to the pan. Press a small handful of blueberries into the batter. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges look cooked, before flipping gently, and cooking for another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more coconut oil (if needed) between each pancake. If you’re using a griddle or large pan, you can do more than one at a time.
- Serve warm, with coconut cream, maple syrup, fruit, and/or nut butter!
- If saving for later, store wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
Recipe yields about 6 to 8 pancakes, depending on size. Serves 2 to 3 people depending on how hungry you are! The nutritional info is for ½ the recipe.
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 237
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 63
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 6
Keywords: blueberry, banana, pancakes, vegan, gluten free, breakfast