- 4 medium apples (peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4” slices (I used 2 Granny Smith and 2 Honeycrisp))
- 2 Bartlett pears (peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4” slices)
- 2 Bosc pears (peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4” slices)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons (14g) tapioca flour
For the crumble topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apples, pears, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract, vanilla powder or paste, coconut sugar and tapioca flour. Stir to combine and coat all of the fruit evenly. Pour all of the fruit filling into an 8×8” (or similarly sized) pan and set aside while preparing the crisp topping.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and coconut sugar. Add the coconut oil and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour until it comes together into a course meal with no dry flour remaining. Toss in the almonds and walnuts.
- Cover the fruit evenly with the crumble topping and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. If topping is browning too quickly, tent the pan with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent burning.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert