These Apple Blondies are full of warm spices and topped with an absolutely scrumptious (and SUPER easy) caramel glaze. These chewy, soft apple blondies are gluten-free, paleo and vegan.
- ½ cup nut butter of choice, I used almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (72g) almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup peeled & chopped apple bits
For the caramel glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Fold in the chopped apples.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, and then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- While the blondies are cooling, prepare the caramel glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil until smooth. If the ingredients are not all the same temperature and any clumping occurs, heat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to smooth it out.
- Cut the blondies into 16 squares. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled blondies, garnish with one whole pecan per blondie, and let set in the refrigerator. Store leftovers tightly sealed in the refrigerator.
Nutritional info is calculated without the caramel glaze.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: blondies, apple, gluten-free, vegan, caramel, dessert