In these Apricot Frangipane Bars, apricots and almonds come together in the most delightful way – the shortbread crust is topped with an almond frangipane filling and topped with fresh, juicy apricots. These gluten-free, paleo, and vegan bars are irresistibly delicious. You can customize them with your favorite stone fruit, too!
For the crust
- ¾ cup (72g) almond flour
- ¾ cup (96g) coconut flour
- ⅓ cup (107g) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (32g) almond butter
- ½ cup (100g) coconut oil, softened, use refined coconut oil to minimize coconut flavor
- ⅓ cup (29g) sliced almonds, chopped
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8” square pan with parchment paper. Grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, chopped almonds, maple syrup, almond butter, and coconut oil. Stir until the dry ingredients are completely moistened and crumbly. Press 2/3 of the crust into the prepared pan, reserving about ¼ cup for the topping.
- In your food processor or blender, grind the almonds, tapioca flour, salt, and coconut sugar to a powder (or as fine as you can make it). Add the coconut oil and process until no longer visible. Add the egg and vanilla, blending until completely incorporated, and a smooth paste is formed. Spread the filling evenly over the almond crust.
- Arrange the apricot slices over the almond paste as desired. Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of the bars.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until set and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for a few months.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American, French