All About Mushroom Coffee + My Mushroom Coffee Mocha Recipe! This post will answer all of your questions about my mushroom coffee drink. It’s energizing, filling, and so delicious.
- ~ 4 to 8 oz. dairy-free milk of choice, I like using almond or oat milk
- ~ 8 to 10 oz. brewed mushroom coffee, or water if using a mushroom coffee packet
- 1 packet mushroom coffee skip if you’re using brewed mushroom coffee instead
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter or healthy fat of choice, like coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon plant-based collagen or any other adaptogens of your choice
- ½ teaspoon Manuka honey or to taste
- Cinnamon and spice, to taste, optional
- Fill your cup halfway with dairy-free milk and then fill the rest of the way with water. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes, or until it’s steaming.
- Add the hot liquid to the blender (I use my Vitamix) along with the mushroom coffee, cacao butter, cacao powder, plant-based collagen, Manuka honey, and cinnamon, if using.
- Blend on medium-low for about 1 minute, or until frothy and well blended. Pour back into your mug and serve immediately.
Instead of the cacao powder and cacao butter, sometimes I will use 1 tablespoon of this Cacaco Drinking Chocolate for an extra chocolatey + rich drink.
FOR THE PUMPKIN SPICE VERSION: skip the cacao powder, add 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1-2 tablespoons of pure pumpkin puree (or better, pumpkin butter), and sweeten with maple syrup instead of honey.
FOR THE GINGERBREAD VERSION: skip the cacao powder, add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, pinch of ground nutmeg, 1 tablespoon molasses, and sweeten with maple syrup instead of honey.
Keywords: coffee, mushroom coffee, mocha, vegan mocha