Today, we’re talkin’ about one of my favorite subjects: peanut buttaaaahhh!!!
Sorry that was obnoxious. But I’m just so excited about peanut butter (as I usually am) and all the delicious flavors and these cookies.
Because these cookies, you guys, were awesome.
I have an odd, confusing confession: I obviously love peanut butter, but peanut butter cookies have never been my favorite. In fact, I pass them up in favor of most cookies, and usually won’t eat one when it’s offered to me. BUT, these cookies, I couldn’t stop eating whenever I was in the kitchen.
These cookies are soft, and not too sweet. They have the perfect amount of bite from the oatmeal. The texture is nicely crisp on the outside, but not too far past cookie dough on the insides (!!!!). The raisins (if you’re into them) add a nice burst of sweetness and added chewy texture. And of course, put your hands together for the star of the show: Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter!!
Ugh, that peanut butter is simply magical. The kind folks over at Peanut Butter & Co. offered to send me a little PB care package a few months ago and of couuurse I wasn’t going to turn down the opportunity to try a whole bunch of delicious peanut butter (if you questioned that…you clearly don’t know me).
When I got the heavy box in the mail, having totally forgotten about it, I was in total peanut butter heaven. My housemates and I all sat down on the couch with apples and tasted all the different flavors, picking and choosing our favorites.
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl is my personal favorite (and definitely a house favorite, if the current state of the jar is any indication). It has actual raisins in it! It’s amazing. The Dark Chocolate Dreams taste’s like a Reese’s. Enough said. And the White Chocolate Dreams…well, you saw how I feel about white chocolate in my last post. I want you all to try them so you can pick your favorites!!
And while I can’t give one to all of you, the guys over at PB&Co. agreed to send one of you THE BIG SIX. It features six of their most delicious flavors (including my fave, and the star of this recipe!).
Enter in the Rafflecopter widget below (sometimes it takes a little while to load). I wish you could all win – good luck! :)
- 1 sticks (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup PB&Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter (or regular creamy peanut butter)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat in the egg until well blended.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add into the peanut butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Fold in raisins. Chill cookie dough, covered, at least 2 hours and up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Form rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven for 12 minutes, or until just pale golden. Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes and transfer to racks to cool completely.