This Chocolate Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cookie Dough & Fudge Swirls comes together quickly and easily and is even easier to eat! No ice cream machine necessary.
I couldn’t let summer pass me by without making some ice cream. It’s a staple.
However…since an ice cream maker isn’t something most people have on hand, and it’s something I definitely don’t have living with a bunch of other girls in college, I opted to go the ice cream maker-less route for this ice cream.
The pros: the ice cream is SO easy to make, so few ingredients, and requires ZERO cooking. No sitting with a custard over the stovetop for too long, stirring and waiting, waiting and stirring…this ice cream base recipe requires little to no effort on your part. You simply whip the cream, mix the sweetened condensed milk with some melted chocolate, fold them all together and voila: chocolate ice cream.
The cons: uh…none? You get awesome, easy, ice cream. Definitely no cons.
Ice cream is nothing without delicious mix-ins…so I went peanut butter-y because it had been far too long since I had posted anything with one of my favorite flavor combinations of chocolate and peanut butter.
First mix-in is peanut butter cookie dough. I opted to keep this eggless for health reasons and flourless so even the gluten-free folks out there can still enjoy a little bit of peanut butter cookie dough in their ice cream. Second mix in is a Magic Shell-esque chocolate swirl. The chocolate swirl also contains peanut butter and a little coconut oil to keep the swirl soft and fudgy throughout the ice cream.
The cookie dough chunks combined with the rich and fudgy chocolate swirls complement the light, creamy ice cream so perfectly. This ice cream is not too rich or decadent, and it’s so easy to go to town on. Case in point: four friends and I went at the container of ice cream last night wielding spoons and did some serious damage.
I seriously have to keep stopping myself from stopping by the freezer on every visit to the kitchen to stop my self from stealing a bite or three. Too good! You guys better try this one before summer is over – what’s summer without homemade ice cream?! Enjoy!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Stir all ingredients together. Let chill while you prepare ice cream.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every thirty second until smooth. Stir in peanut butter and coconut oil. Put into a small Ziploc bag to use for drizzling.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream to soft peaks in a stand mixer. In a separate bowl, combine melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. Fold in whipped cream until completely combined.
- Using a small spoon, dollop small amounts (about ½ tablespoon) of peanut butter cookie dough into ice cream. Fold in until distributed.
- Scoop a quarter of mixture into Tupperware container where you'll be keeping the ice cream. Snip the corner of the Ziploc bag filled with chocolate mixture and drizzle over ice cream. Add another quarter of the ice cream mixture and repeat with chocolate drizzle until all ice cream and chocolate is added. Freeze for four hours or until firm. Enjoy!