These Chewy S’mores Bars are portable, easy, no-bake bars that are the perfect alternative to gooey s’mores! Made with just 5 ingredients.
Midterms week has arrived, and it’s kicking my butt. School’s in full gear, but I’m still craving summer!
Until today, Tacoma has still been pretty sunny and warm, which is a total anomaly for here. That has allowed me to keep up the facade that it’s still sorta summer so I’m still allowed to make summery treats like pink sugar cookies and these s’mores bars.
However, the doomy gloomy rain of Tacoma decided to visit today, and I’m pretty sure the switch has been flipped. Summer is official gone (it’s October. I’m a little late, I know), and I have to start making fall treats now.
Don’t worry! That’s good!
Fall has the best stuff. Pumpkin, cinnamon, apples, nutmeg, gingersnaps…all the makings of delicious treats, and all in store for you!
They’re no-bake (unless you use the oven to toast the marshmallows…), simple, summery, and super duper easy. The ingredients come together in a flash taste so darn good. So, as fall gets into full swing, give summer one last kiss goodbye with these sweet treats. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. bag mini marshmallows, divided
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 4 cups cocoa-flavored rice krispies (I used Cocoa Krispies)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line and grease a 9"x13" pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Add 6 cups mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in Golden Grahams and cocoa cereal until all the cereal is fully coated. Gently stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Using a greased spatula, press the mixture into the prepared pan evenly. Sprinkle remaining mini marshmallows evenly over the pan and using a kitchen torch, toast the marshmallows. If you don't have a kitchen torch, broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the marshmallows are browned.
- Cool completely. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve!